Dick and Don on the run

Dick and Don Storyboards

In this scene Dick and Don, two american tourist, have just escaped from prison, and discovered to their surprise that they are in London. They have been framed and they need to find out why and by whom. Being handcuffed at the ankle though is going to make the search difficult.

Boomerang Girl Storyboard panel


Boomerang Girl is a film idea I was playing with a few months ago. The basic idea was to do something really fun, so I mixed together a bunch of my favorite things and wrapped a story around it. Here are a few panels.

Macau tree

Tree painting
Painting on my iPad in Macau

Went to Macau this last weekend. I had the iPad with me and made this rough painting of a tree trunk while waiting for Silas to finnish his lunch.

Chan home

Rainy Day Time-lapse

Turned my camera towards the dreary landscape and was rewarded with some interesting footage. The Tola Harbour is well protected from the open ocean making it exceptionally calm, so calm that the wake trails from the passing boat are visible for miles.

Ma On Shan Painting

Ipad Painting looking out the apartment window in Ma On Shan.

Just downloaded ArtRage for the iPad and all I can say is that I am in love. What a great little painting app. I will have to revisit the desktop app now. I remember trying it a few years back and thinking nothing of it. but this, wow this iPad app is really great! I only wish I had a styles and the ability to create larger file sizes. My thick fingers are the only thing that makes the program difficult to use.

Above is the first painting i made in the app. looking out the apartment window in Ma On shan, over looking Plover Cove Reservoir with Pat Sin Leng mountain in the background.


Lightning Storm

Couldn’t sleep last night thanks to the storm outside the window here in Ma On Shan. Half asleep I mechanically stumbled through the dark and rigged a quick time-lapse setup. I wish I had been more prepared and awake. The camera batteries were at half, the drive was near full, the window glass was dirty and I didn’t have a tripod. A lot of mistakes for an old photog like me but eh, I still managed to get a few lightning bolts so I guess it worked out.

In case you’re wondering that’s Tai Po Kau and the Tolo Harbour in the background.

Virginia gets the icon treatment.

mommy painting
The Mrs. got an icon

This morning I came up with the cute idea of making a memory flip-card game for my son Silas.  To make it special I’m going to make cartoons of people in the family for him to play with.  Since I already had my new icon I decided to use it as my style guide and try to work from there out.

The wife was the first to get the Icon treatment. She is a harsh critic of these sort of things so if this was going to work at all I would at the very least have to get her portrait right.  She gave the THUMBS UP so I am good to go!  Here it is.